Thursday, 27 February 2014

How do you teach equality?

A blog a day for a month challenge: Day 27



Is it wrong that I am relieved that my children are male because already that gives them a head start in life? Yes it's wrong and fundamentally flawed, but it is true. So it is with fervent vigour that I attempt to reinforce the message of equality to them. However, as their primary carer and chief homemaker how can I really translate this message when on a day to day basis the arrangement in our house, purely through circumstance, is quite traditional and, dare I say it, stereotypical. My boys don't see the career woman I once was before their arrival so how will I demonstrate my capabilities beyond laundry and some rather mean iced buns (RECIPE HERE)

I could write all day about this, however another parent blogger, in a similar situation, has summed this up beautifully, so instead of listening to me please READ HERE

1 comment:

  1. This oversaturation in the market has companies fighting to get hold of Trx For Sale, inspiring them to take measures which are usually not seen in the conventional purchasing environment.
    When supply outweighs demand you would uncover a fundamental economic law which would steer down the price of Trx Suspension Online so as to generate greater sales.
    Color has been one of the selling points for TRX Suspension Training Sale.
    In general, a unisex or gender neutral appearance; a man or woman can wear black-on-black Cheap TRX and not look too masculine or feminine.
    This is a popular brand of TRX For Sale and with good reason.
    This brand offers one of the best trx exercises in the world in an exciting range of cutting-edge designs, styles and colors.
    The internet has become a leading aspect in purchasing cheap trx from the corporate retailers, as a result of the economic indicator of supply and demand.
    The online environment features millions of stores with hundreds of trx for sale usually attempting to market the exact same products or services.

    ReplyDelete